In the last decade, mobile application development has become a sizeable market operating at very large scale. There is a significant increase in the use of applications with increased Smartphone users all across the world. Now people are using applications for the various purpose from the shopping of groceries to banking transactions. Earlier people were reluctant to use mobile apps for availing any health services through mobile devices. But with the advancement of technology and increased services, healthcare providers are using mobile apps for telemedicine to enhance the customer reach and growth in revenue generations. These apps are providing healthcare services at affordable prices.
The telemedicine software application is a technology used to render health-related services with the use of information technology and telecommunications to the populations situated in the remote and distant areas. These services are provided using mobile devices and smart phones using the internet. This software enables doctors to treat patients located in other areas and helps in reducing the distance between healthcare providers and seekers.
Advantages of telemedicine apps
- All time availability: The telemedicine healthcare apps are available 24*7 to the patients. Individuals who need healthcare services can schedule visits and get consultation according to their preferred time and without even visiting the hospitals.
- Easy access: The patients now have easy access to certain medical services. Mostly for the minor issues which needs medical care but for which people are reluctant to visit hospitals. It has also provided easy access to patients across various locations for healthcare providers.
- Affordable services: the healthcare providers do not need to invest additional cost for another setup. Virtual hospitals are set up to collect vitals of patients and send to clinicians for treatment and consultation.
- Real-time consultation: Telemedicine services provide the facility of real-time consultation with doctors on video calls. The doctors are able to connect with patients and deliver services. If the doctor needs to consult a specialist in the specific case, he can do so by adding the member in the ongoing video conference with the patients.
- Emergency services: These services are also useful in emergency situations. In circumstances where one need urgent consultation, doctors can be reached with the telemedicine services can be used.
- Saves time: With remote healthcare services and people do not have to spend time in the queues and spend time in hospitals waiting rooms. They can directly reach the doctors with mobile devices which makes it a very time-saving technology.
Essential features of telemedicine apps
- Video Conferencing: The telemedicine applications facilitate patients to reach clinicians through video consultation and for the treatment. These consultations are very for skin related and psychiatrist issues.
- Integrated Billing: Telemedicine software helps clinicians billing patients and by generating bills after paying Virtual remote visits to the patients.
- Store and Forward: Patients records, data, and vitals are saved and transmitted to the doctors offline. It does not require the presence of both patients and clinicians at the time transferring the data. These services are beneficial for transmitting heart-related information, diabetes, and many other conditions.
- Secure exchange of information: data security is one of the chief issues for health applications. These apps contain health records of patients that are very confidential it should be against any data theft any kind of breach in security.
- HIPAA standards compliance: All healthcare apps should be developed in the compliance of HIPAA standards.